Tuesday, November 18, 2014

SPARINGLY USED !



We frequently come across advertisements for second-hand goods
mentioned as sparingly used or light use...

One may think that goods (particularly electrical and electronic goods) that are sparingly used will be in very good condition.

Actually it is not so!

When I was a school boy I had a transistor radio which I never used to switch on for weeks together thinking that it will be good as new.

My brother-in-law told me that the radio has to be used regularly and the transistors should get warmed up, so that the radio will remain in good condition.

Another friend told me a few years back that my car should be regularly run almost every other day, so that it remains in top condition.

During winter months it is good to run your air-conditioner for an hour or so once in two weeks, so that it remains in good condition!

No comments:

Post a Comment