Thursday, May 30, 2013

Take only what is due to you....

I note down my daily expenses meticulously.

A few days back, I had hardly done one or two purchases and the next morning when
I jotted down my expenses, I found that I was short of Rs.500.

I raked my brains but could not figure out where I had spent a sum of Rs.500.

Two or three days later I went to the petty shop from where I buy bread regularly.

The moment she saw me, the shopkeeper immediately handed me a 500 rupee note saying
that I had handed over a 1000 rupee note and had vanished after she had given change for 500
and had herself gone to the next shop to change the 1000 rupee note!!

These days this is a very rare gesture. There is a proverb in Tamil which says: "Ainthil valayathathu
Imbathil valayuma?"  A rough translation could be that habits die hard.

I at once knew that this lady and her husband will always do only fair business. 

Needless to say, nowadays, I try to patronise that shop as much as I can.

One's hard earned money will always come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment