Sunday, June 23, 2013

Holding the customer...and acquiring new ones

One among the most important business tactics is retention of customer and continuous service
in making him a life-long customer. Others are ready to grab a customer at the drop of a hat.

I buy milk regularly from a near-by shop and requested him to stop supply for a few days since
we were away.

Today morning I needed some milk and took it from another shop whose owner had informed
me in the past that milk would arrive at about 5 a.m. and kept in front of the shop. I could pick
up and pay later.

And this is what I exactly did today. I picked up 3 packets around 5.30 a.m (with a guilty feeling!!!)
when no-one was around.

I went at 6.30 a.m. to pay for the milk and told him that I had taken the milk earlier in the morning.

"Sir, you are one among us. Anytime you have the liberty to pick up the milk".

My usual guy who was back by then in the adjoining shop was a bit cut up. Sir, if you had told me, I would have supplied you. To which I said that we are still away and that from 1st of July you may resume supply.

It is a small business. But did you notice the attitude of the two shop keepers??

My friends in business, are you listening?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment