Friday, January 15, 2016

Efficiency and Effectiveness....

Efficiency and Effectiveness...
========================

My dream was to study at the IIM, Ahmedabad. But that could not happen due to various reasons.

In the early eighties, while I was in business, I wished to pursue management education at the newly started LIBA (Loyola Institute of Business Administration).

After passing the entrance examination I was interviewed by three persons, one of them, Prof. Jay Amaran (who later married my aunt's grand-daughter).

I was bombarded with questions, more to know how I answered (perhaps). They were not all keen to give me admission since they opined that I was an entreprenuer. Seats were few.

In those days Peter Drucker was my role model.

One of the questions in the interview: What is the difference between efficiency and effectiveness?

Pat came my reply: One does things right and the other does the right things. (Courtesy: Peter Drucker!!)

The interview was interesting to both parties, but the admission was denied!!

No comments:

Post a Comment