Saturday, January 23, 2016

Haughty or principled?

Haughty or principled?
===================
Date: 23.1.2016
Place: Vijayanagar Bus stand signal. (The minimum wait period here is around 5 mins. and in peak hours may go upto 12-15 mins.)
Time: 6 p.m.
A young girl of around eight to nine years kept banging my car window like mad. She wanted to "hawk" small National Flags and some coloring book containing around 8 to 10 pages.
I kept nodding my head in the negative.
She wouldn't let go.
I signaled her to come nearer to my side of the car.
After taking one coloring book I gave her a tenner.
She says: No. Rs.20 each and 3 for Rs.50.
I gave back the book.
Still she was at her "game".
Now I offered her the tenner and said "Keep it, you need
not give me anything".
She refused to take the tenner.
How do you describe her behavior?
Haughty?
Principled??

No comments:

Post a Comment