Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Customer service experience - North and South Poles

Date: 9.4.2013
Time: Around 9 a.m.
==============

I drive into my usual favourite petrol bunk in Velachery Bye-Pass Road. There are a number of
service personnel in uniforms hovering around. One person brought the day's tamil newspaper
as a complimentary copy and gave it to me. Another person cleaned my front and rear windscreen
with water while the third person filled petrol after drawing my attention to the Zero in the meter.

Date: 9.4.2013
Time: Around 7 p.m. in the evening
=======================

I stop my car in front of a big readymade garments showroom in Velachery-Tambaram road. All the service attenders (two of them) are playing pranks with the cashier in an empty showroom. As I walk in they are not bothered to welcome me and ask me what I am looking for.I tell one of them to show me some dresses for a one year old male child.Then there is an argument between the two as to who should attend to me. Then they ask me to go inside. But nobody follows me. Finally one of them reluctantly comes and attends to me after fighting with the other sales guy.

You have read the two. Decide which one you would like to have in your company. Work for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment