Wednesday, April 3, 2013

While you were away....

I am not sure how many among you would have seen the "While you were away..." slips.

In your absence when somebody comes looking for you or tries to contact you over phone (of course
these days the landlines are seldom used) the person who has seen the visitor would fill up this slip
and keep it on your table. This way nothing would be missed. An important business deal could be coming your way!

I don't see such slips nowadays. Recently I visited two showrooms and left a slip with my name
and phone number asking the proprietor to call me back at his convenience.

I never received any return call.

Remember, business is all about opportunities. And you never know when an opportunity comes.

It would be appropriate to end this post with a joke:

Knock, Knock, Knock.

Who's this?

Opportunity!

Can't open the door. Go away.

Why?

Opportunity knocks only once!!

No comments:

Post a Comment