Sunday, March 17, 2013

That's not my problem - That's my problem!

I approached my cable TV operator for a set-top box and paid the money in November. From the end of January this year I have been asking them for the set-top box but they were saying something or the other.

One day in February they said the boxes will come soon. After several visits, one fine morning they said
that the boxes have arrived and will be sent soon.

Nothing happened.

I again visited and they said your box has arrived. I told them: What is the use of the box lying here? It has to stay near my TV. The technician said that it would be brought.

I again visited them some days later and the guy showed me a box with my name written on it. Here is your box. I literally prostrated before the box and told him to bring it to my house! You see, I was in no mood to loose my temper.

The box was finally fixed but to my dismay I found that some of my favourite channels were blocked.
I went to their office and told them I wanted some channels. The technician said: Well, that is not my problem. You have to contact my owner. I said here is the list of channels I need. Just ask your owner to add them. But he said better give to him directly, I may misplace it.

I finally approached the owner on first of this month. He said: To get the channels you have to pay for the channels together with this month's subscription. I told him that anyway I have to pay monthly and paid him the money then and there.

The channels were not clear. Later he contacted me and asked for my card number, name and so on.

I again went to the office and told the technician that the channels were not clear. Oh, is it so. He says and adds: That's my problem.

I told him: Sometimes you say it's not your problem. Now you say this is my problem. But my problem is not getting solved. He promised to come but to this day he has not. On the last occasion I took his mobile number.

I rang him up yesterday and he said yesterday I was in your next door customer. But I forgot. I will come in another one hour.

Still no sign!

Sadly this is the state of service given by a majority of companies today. Can we never learn to be a disciplined lot?

No comments:

Post a Comment