Saturday, December 7, 2013

Remembering exemplary Service

Yesterday I went to Murugan Kalyana Mandapam (Murugan Marriage Hall) to attend a
wedding of a relative.

My memory went back a few years. In 2007, I had fixed this hall to celebrate my daughter's
wedding.

Due to certain circumstances, the wedding date has to be postponed. The hall was already
booked for the date which we wanted.

We had to search for another hall. I had already paid a hefty amount to Murugan Kalyana
Mandapam.

I requested for a refund explaining the circumstances. They replied that if someone else wanted
the hall on the date, they would refund my money. They also promised to phone me on this.

Without any further follow-up from my side (I was too busy searching another hall), within a few
days they rang me up to inform me that their hall was booked and that I could collect my money
any time.

They returned my money in full. Also, learning that I was in the air-conditioning field, they placed
an order with me to fix a new split air-conditioner in their office room and paid for it.

Trying to find another service provider like them would be like searching a needle in a haystack.

No comments:

Post a Comment