Thursday, January 9, 2014

Coins gifted to a student (not really!)

Coins gifted to a student (not really!)
=======================

I had resumed collecting RI coins and was looking for a 5 Rs. Shastri (Cu-ni) coin.

I just could not get one. Sometime later a FB friend of mine sent me one in very
poor condition, and of course with the same advice we give: You may keep this coin till you get a better one!

A year-and-a-half later another friend of mine had put up a few coins for sale.

I picked up eleven coins for Rs.620.

A school student picked up some conversation about coins with me on-line.

I have a soft-corner for children and would not hesitate to gift them a coin.

However, I was hesitant, because I was not sure whether the person was really a student or not! It took me some time to figure out that he indeed was a genuine school student.

He came out with a request for a Shastri coin and later said he wanted one for his friend too.

That put me in a dilemma.

Then I thought, as a school student he would get plenty of coins as gift from his parents, relatives, friends and so on.

I told him why not you give me any five commemorative coins and take one Shastri (Cu-ni) coin. Again, I became over-cautious!! I told him to send the coins and I would despatch the coins from my end.

These are the coins he sent me: (1) 2 nos of RBI (2) 2 nos of ANNA (3) one each in ILO, CS, SA and BRP and finally 1 ten rupee coin of MVD.

I at-once sent him the two Shastri coins and he seemed to be excited with it.
(During all this time elapse, a friend of his, maybe a classmate was frequently asking me on line about the progress!! The second coin was for him.)

Lesson for everybody: For pleasant on-line dealings, enterprise with caution!

No comments:

Post a Comment