Monday, May 14, 2012

A place for everything and.....

A place for everything and everything in its place.

This is one of the most important things that should be adhered to in the business atmosphere.

Unfortunately it is not being taught or followed in most places nowadays. Some of the staff
members want to make themselves important and keep the papers in all sorts of odd places.
If the particular staff member absents himself/herself it poses a serious problem.

I had been to a government office sometime back. I told them that I had occasion to
deal with them two/three years earlier. The concerned officer got up and pulled the file
containing papers pertaining to the transaction within minutes. This is part of the legacy
left behind by the Britishers.

Last month in Virginia I went with my daughter to renew the lease agreement. We gave
the signed lease agreement and the assistant said: "Let me go and bring your file". She was
back within a minute!

Wish all of us could be like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment