Friday, June 15, 2012

Garage sale and Scheaffer's


Scheaffer is another famous brand for pens.

As a young boy, I used to dream of Parker, Scheaffer, Swan and Waterman pens.

In 2010, when I was in North Carolina, the community arranged a garage sale.

My daughter thought it would be a good idea for us to put up a few things for sale so that
I and my grand-daughter could have some fun and get to know what a garage sale is.

She therefore picked up a few things to be disposed of and finally she gave a
Scheaffer pen, pencil and ball-pen set, unopened.

I asked her why she wanted to give it away. She said nobody was interested in it.

I had no hesitation in telling her that I am taking the set for myself !!

This sale did not materialise and I am having this set in my home in India.





1 comment:

  1. Dear Bhargav Sir...ever since you responded to my post on Old Indian FP Brands, and told me that you'd write about pens, I have been waiting and visiting your blog...I visited today and found three posts on pens...very nice and nostalgic...do you still use the Sheaffer FP? And btw, there is a Mhatre Writer in my OIFP collection and I will post that next...

    ReplyDelete