Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lesson learnt from Movie (AC Dealers enjoy!!)

I was told that the heat in Chennai has not abated. That could mean extended sales of Air-conditioners
for dealers. Make hay while the sun shines!!

I have been watching any number of western movies and I again saw (who has not seen!) the brilliant movie,
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. This movie I saw in Texas in my niece's house in a huge TV and with home theatre systems and blaring sound.

When the following dialogue was about to come, my niece's husband said: Watch out, Uncle!!
(He had brought me several varieties of beer which we were drinking together)

{Tuco is in a bubble bath. The One Armed Man enters the room}
One Armed Man: I've been looking for you for 8 months. Whenever I should have had a gun in my right
hand, I thought of you. Now I find you in exactly the position that suits me. I had lots of time to learn to shoot with my left.
{Tuco kills him with the gun he has hidden in the foam}
Tuco: When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.


This made me think. Yes, we sometimes give materials to our relatives, friends, business associates, etc.
but forget to ask them as to who will make the payment. Sometimes we feel delicate to ask for the payment
in straightforward manner. What is wrong in that. When someone owes us money, we have to just ask for it.

I am reminded of my friend PRS (Mani) who used to say: Bhargav, if we have to oblige someone. Fine.
Let's just do the job and be happy. But whenever a bill is raised by the company, even if it is for Rs.200,
that money has to be collected.

Yes, that is very good business advise and sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment