Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Give me red...



GIVE ME RED!

You will recognize these words as the byline of Eveready batteries.

But I want to tell you something about being eveready. Live wire. Go getter. All that
is possible only if you love your job.

Some years back we had arranged a mela to sell air-conditioners in the Kasi Arcade Mall in Chennai. We had advertised that we will be open from 9 am till 9 pm.

The guy from the advertising company who had helped us arrange the show, a seasoned professional was friendly with me and on the last day he was sitting and chatting with me.
It was around 9.15 pm and everyone had left save the two of us.

We closed the shutters and were about to leave. Just then a young yuppie came and said
he wanted to have a look at the air-conditioners on display.

Both of us spontaneously said, "Yes" and we opened the shutters and switched on the lights.
In about ten minutes he had seen the models and selected one but wanted me to come and
have a look at his room to see the location. And he said he leaves home everyday at 7.30 am.

Since I knew that his house is only about 3 kms from mine, I promised to meet him at 7 am the next day. Which I did. And I bagged his order.

Live wire? Maybe.

My motto: Air-conditioning is my business. Selling air-conditioners is my hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment