Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Adele, Michelle and selling air-conditioners

The whole world knows Adele. She is the latest singing sensation of the world and on Sunday she won six Grammy awards.

Most of you will remember " Michelle" the song sung by the Beatles. This song won in 1966 the
Grammy song of the year award. Sir Paul McCartney won another Grammy award in 2012 for the Best Historical Album.

There was an enquiry from Admiralty Hotels of Chennai for air-conditioners a few months back.
I was interacting with the Secretary of the Managing Director of the Hotel and her name is Michelle.

She was impressed with our presentation and timely follow-up. She felt sorry that the order could not be placed with us for price considerations.

I told her, " We win some, lose some". I pointed out to her my love for The Beatles and their song Michelle. She felt very happy.

"I intend to by an air-conditioner for my home coming summer and I will surely contact you and buy a Voltas air-conditioner from you" she said.

Moral of the story: Try to connect up with your customers in some manner. It will help you in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment