Sunday, February 5, 2012

A bolt from the blue


This particular dealer meet was christened: Competition Khallas.

After the presentations and talks by the dignitaries, Mr. Nair of Voltas came to me and asked me if I would like to take the mike and speak on behalf of all the dealers around.

I said: Oh yes, why not.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have some good news and some bad news for you. First the bad news...

Having started thus I was in a quandary, but soon I composed myself and said that
the bad news is to the competitors of Voltas because we have such wonderful products,
dedicated service team and so on. Good news is that the Voltas team is committed to excellence, etc. and completed my speech.

When I got down from the stage a Voltas executive came to me and said: In the beginning we were apprehensive and were wondering why we gave the mike to you and what is the bad news that you are going to break! Congratulations.

All is well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment