Monday, January 23, 2012

Cartoon from Punch and a similar incident....

My father used to subscribe to Punch, Tit-bits and other magazines. I reminisced about this and since I nowadays work on my computer, googled for Punch.

You have the wonderful site punchcartoons.com. And this is the very first cartoon which I viewed in the site:
http://www.punchcartoons.com/images/M/1931.11.25.567.jpg




Instantly I remembered an incident that took place in our early days of AC business. We were
instructed by our elders that we should go on a door-to-door campaign to canvass business.
Everday we would go around neighbouring areas from 7 am to 8 am canvassing for business.

In one of the houses that we visited the wife opened the door and we explained that we were refrigeration engineers. She went inside and woke up her husband and when he came and met us we repeated our mission.

Husband gets infuriated and tells his wife: Why did you wake me up? Don't you know that we have no refrigerator in our house?

No comments:

Post a Comment