Saturday, January 14, 2012

The truth, whole truth, nothing but the truth.....



Three 0f us friends ventured into the air-conditioning business.

Gopalakrishnan had just passed his B.E.(Mech) from the famous Guindy Engineering College (now known as Anna University), Ranganath had studied in Bellary in a technical institute and after completing his D.E.E. already had two years experience in the field having worked with a dealer of Allwyn refrigerators and as for me, I was just out of College having completed my Bachelor's in botany!

A month or two passed and we trying to get our bearings in the business. Our elders had by example instilled in us discipline and a very high degree of business ethics. Never to utter a lie.

We wanted to expand our business and thought we should meet the Director of Blue Star Limited and seek some business from them. Since I was not an engineer, I opted out of the adventure (if I may say so!).

They worked out a strategy, went to the Director (Mr. Advani) and Ranganath introduces the duo: Sir, this is Gopalakrishnan and I am Ranganath. He is B.E. (Mechanical) and I am Electrical.

This Electrical engineer was far from being mechanical! Mr. Advani liked the fire in the duo and we were recommended for sub-contract work and our business started growing...

You see Ranganath had spoken the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!






No comments:

Post a Comment