Monday, January 16, 2012

Mind without fear



Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not broken up
Into fragments by narrow domestic walls;

A friend of mine came running excited to me. Both of us were dealers for Voltas air-conditioners.
He said, Do you know? Hitachi is showcasing their latest models of air-conditioners in this star hotel. I wish we were there.

On further enquiry he told me that the products were on display in the lobby area of the hotel.
If such is the case, I told him, why not we go and have a look?

We roped in another friend (also a dealer) and the three of us visited the place. Seeing us moving together (!!) the V.P. of the company came to us and started conversing with us. I told him, Sir, we three are Voltas dealers and we came here to see your air-conditioners.

You three are competitors and have come together?, he asked. I said, Sir, we three are friends and we complement each other.

He felt very glad and complimenting us asked us to go around. He further added: After seeing the models, don't forget to join us for cocktails and dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment