Thursday, January 5, 2012

TANSTAAFL



TANSTAAFL



TANSTAAFL (There ain't no such thing as a free lunch).

In my line of business, I have had occasion to use this adage hundreds of time.

Let us see what advertisers say:

FREE STABILIZER
FREE INSTALLATION
FREE DELIVERY

When a customer approaches me and asks me why I should charge for stabilizer when it
is given free elsewhere, I come up with TANSTAAFL.

I explain to them that the cost of the stabilizer is inbuilt in their pricing and it could be termed
as a hidden cost. My pricing gives threadbare the cost of each component and the final pricing arrived at.

In a lighter vein I tell them (particularly the youngsters), I am not your father-in-law to give you something free!

Some years back when people said something was given free, we used to ask them, OK, but what are the strings attached?

But what is even more funny is ads which say:

FREE GIFT.

I always thought that a gift is something which is given free!!

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment